Advancement has come to mean different things in different schools or organizations around the world. In this 1 ½ day interactive workshop, David Willows will introduce the idea of a Periodic Table of Advancement™ as a unique tool to re-design and make new connections to the work of advancement at your school or organization.
The Learning Outcomes
During the course the workshop, all participants will:
- Discover the idea of a Periodic Table of Advancement™
- Explore the Table as a practical tool to audit the work of advancement in their own school.
- Deep dive into some of the Elements of advancement, exploring best practice principles.
- Play with new combinations of Elements, with a view to re-designing Advancement in new and contextually appropriate formats.
- Construct an actionable plan to take back to their school or organization for further discussion and/or execution.
This workshop is, of course, designed for anyone connected to the work of advancement at a school or organization. It will include those working in the fields of admissions, marketing & communications, fundraising & alumni. However, given that the work of advancement is so connected to the leadership and governance of a school, we strongly encourage advancement professionals to attend with their head of school and/or a member of their Board of Trustees.
Please register at: http://www.cvent.com/d/pgqp5l.
Dr. David Willows is the Director of Advancement at the International School of Brussels, Belgium. David is also a regular blogger, presenter & trainer at international events and author of several books and articles in the field of international school branding, admissions, marketing and communications. Today, he is considered a leading practitioner in the field of advancement and continues to be involved in several global network organisations, helping to shape and define the future of the learning business. Read David’s blog at fragments2.com.